Monday, May 7, 2012

Man sleeps on the streets to raise donations for children in India

A web developer is sleeping rough on the streets of Bristol to raise money for a children's charity in India.
Glen Simister, from Teignmouth in Devon, started his challenge on Tuesday and plans to spend till the end of this week days sleeping rough.

He wants to raise money for the El Shaddai Charitable Trust, also known as Child Rescue, based in Goa. Mr Simister, 32, said he was existing on milk and compound supplements, rather than food. "It's OK but the rain's a bit of a nuisance," he said of his challenge so far.

"On Wednesday night I found myself a nice little snug area to sleep in, next thing I knew, the water had flooded my sleeping bag." Mr Simister said he came across the charity while living in Goa several years ago.

"I meant to do some volunteering for them but I never did," he said. "I haven't got any work on at the moment so I decided to do something positive."

1 comment:

  1. Is extremely high as parents cannot afford either the education expenses or the peripheral expenses such as books, bags, uniforms, etc.
    charity websites

    ReplyDelete